What is Permaculture?
Permaculture is the science of applied ecological design that explicitly supports the care of the earth, the care of people and shares surplus. It is fundamentally based in abundance. Through working with nature, rather than against it, permaculture allows us to creatively redesign our world by creating individual and community sovereignty in an environment with less energy and resource needs.
2016 Permaculture Program Goals
- Increase Conversations About Local Food
- Provide an Intimate Gathering Space
- Facilitate Education Through Creative & Diverse Methods
- Gift Opportunity to Local Communities in Illinois
- Initiate a Permanent Garden Area At Summer Camp Music Festival
- 2016 14 page PDF Overview